Paris is a big city with a lot to see and visit. Whether it's the sightseeing, shopping or attending festivals, Paris has it all.
Best tours - you should take advantage of the guided tours like:
- Vélib bike tour - Paris is a big city with many attractions to see so probably one of the best ways to tour it is by bike. The Vélib bikes cost 5 euros per day, and you can design your tour any way you like.
- Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Sightseeing Cruise - this tour can include live music and enjoy Paris from the river, while having fantastic food. The prices start from 6 euros for a basic boat tour to 192 euros for the dinner show cruise. You can book the tickets on the Bateaux Mouches website.
- Paris walking tour - see all of the classic sites of Paris. There are plenty of free walking tours and private tours, tours with attractions and food tours. You can find all of them on Discover Walks website.
Best Shopping - The best places for shopping in Paris are:
- Louvre and Tuileries district, where you can find designer fashion shops like Versace, Hermes, and Saint Laurent, home furnishing shops, vintage shops, jewelry, art, and quality cosmetics shops.
- Boulevard Haussmann and the Grands Boulevards, where you can find old Parisian department stores like Galeries Lafayette and Printemps.
- the Marais, where you can find high-fashion, vintage stores that sell unique jewelry, antiques and art.
- Avenue Montaigne and the Champs-Elysées, where you can find designer stores like Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton but also trendy global chains like Zara. The kids will especially like the Disney Store in the “Champs”.
Events and festivals - Paris hosts a lot of events and festivals throughout the year. The most popular ones are:
- Paris Fashion Week, where you can see from designer presentations what fashion is in the season at the moment.
- Fête de la Gastronomie, a national event that illustrates the richness and diversity of French gastronomy. It is held in September.
- Roland Garros, a tennis tournament that gathers the best tennis players in the world. It is held over two weeks, with the beginning in late May.
- Fête de la Musique, Music Day that takes place on 21 June. On that day everyone plays music outside in their neighborhoods or in public places and parks. Also, there are free concerts where musicians play for fun.
- Versailles Masquerade Ball, where people wear full baroque costumes of the highest quality and masks. It is held in June.
- Bastille Day, national day that marks the anniversary of the fall of the Bastille on July 14. There are speeches, military parades and fireworks.
- Cinéma en Plein Air à la Villette, a festival where you can watch movies under the stars. It is from mid July to mid August.
- Rock en Seine, a summer festival where 40 thousand visitors can enjoy live music of some of the most famous artists.
- Jazz à la Villette, jazz, hip-hop, soul and funk music festival that is held at the beginning of September.