Best tours - Dubai has a lot to offer in regards to experiences, and you can see that on the city tours. We have selected the best sightseeing activities in Dubai:
- Burj Khalifa: Level 124 & 125 - on this tour you can see panoramic views over Dubai from the observation deck. On level 125 you will be able to have 360-degree views over the Arabian Gulf. The tickets go from 36.62 euros per person. You can book your tour here.
- Dubai Red Dunes Safari: BBQ, Camel, Sandboarding & Falcon - this tour includes a drive to the desert, an optional quad bike ride, a ride across red dunes of the Lehbab Desert, sandboarding, a camel ride from the Al Khayma Camp where you’ll also get to see the falcon and enjoy the buffet barbecue that begins at sunset. The tickets start from 99.58 euros per person and you can book it here.
- Old Dubai Culture, History and Souks Walking Tour - you can either have a shared or a private tour where you’ll explore Old Dubai and learn about Arabia, history and culture. You’ll get to see the old-world charms of Dubai before the oil rush in the Grand Souk and to enjoy a cruise on the Dubai creek on a traditional abra. The tickets start from 39.31 euros and you can book your tour here.
Events and festivals - There are a lot of events and festivals being held in Dubai throughout the whole year - from holiday celebrations to sport events. Some of them are:
- Dubai Shopping Festival - one of the biggest annual events in Dubai with sales and discounts across major brands. It is held from 17th December to 30th January and apart from sales it includes concerts, children’s entertainment, firework shows and more.
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship - an annual sporting event that brings some of the biggest tennis superstars. It has been taking place in Dubai for the past 25 years. It is held in February/March at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium.
- Dubai World Cup - an annual horse racing event that is considered one of the most prestigious horse races on the planet. It is also well-known as the statement hat competition where ladies compete by wearing the most extravagant hats. The Cup is held on the 27th of March.
- National Day Celebration - one of the most anticipated annual celebrations in Dubai that is held on the 2nd of December that commemorates the UAE’s independence. During this celebration you can see decorations featuring the UAE flag’s colours all over the city with special events with parades, fireworks and more.
Best Shopping - Dubai is known for its shopping options - from malls to markets. Dubai mall is one of the biggest in the world, and it is located in Downtown Dubai. There you can find the highest concentration of designer boutiques in the UAE. It has more than 1300 shops and it is open from 10 am to 12 am.
- In Al Barsha there is the Mall of the Emirates that also has a lot of designer shops like Bvlgari, Dior and Gucci.
- In Jebel Ali you can shop in the Outlet Village, where you can find several discounted high-end collections.
- Suppose you want to get a taste of the old Dubai tradition and culture. In that case, you should visit Old Dubai Souks around the mouth of Dubai Creek where you can get saffron, incense, pashminas, fridge magnets, jewellery, lanterns and the odd genuine fake.