The company that is in charge of public transport in Amsterdam is GVB. The transport consists of metro, tram, bus and ferry. There are 1 hour tickets, bike ticket that allows you to take your bike with you outside rush hours in the metro and the IJtram, Bus Tram Metro 1.5 hour ticket, and P+R ticket that gives you the right to two trips, leaving and returning, and a maximum of 1 hour per trip, using GVB trams, busses, or metro.
- Buses - There are 15 bus lines in Amsterdam, which include night lines. The bus network connects all neighbourhoods with other city areas. You can’t pay by cash on any GVB buses, including night buses. You can see all of the routes and maps on the official GVB website.
- Tram - Trams are one of the quickest ways to get into and around the city centre. Many of the lines end at Amsterdam Central Station. You can see all of the routes and maps on the GVB website.
- Metro - Lines of the Metro go from Central Station to the city’s outlying districts. There are four lines that are often the fastest way to reach districts like Bijlmer, Amsterveen and Diemen. You can see all of the routes and maps on the GVB website.
- Ferry - Ferries provide free connections across the River IJ for pedestrians, cyclists and mopeds. Many of them can be found directly behind Amsterdam Central Station and they provide service across the water to and from Amsterdam Noord. You can see all of the routes and maps on the GVB website.
- Cycling - As previously mentioned, Amsterdam has more bikes than habitants. It is a really bike-friendly city with lots of bike tracks. You can rent a bike all around the city in rentals like Ajaxbike, Rent a Bike or A-Bike Rental Kerkstraat.
- Taxi - Taxi is a good choice if you’re coming to and from the airport or traveling at night. But the public transport is probably quicker during the day. Official taxis in Amsterdam have a roof light with the official taxxi logo and blue number plates. Some of the official taxi operators in Amsterdam are Taxicentrale Amsterdam, Staxi, Taxistad and Taxi Direct Amsterdam.