Hollywood Walk of Fame - the most important information
This may be the most notable landmark of the whole Los Angeles. The Hollywood Walk Of Fame is the world-famous Hollywood celebrity walkway. It consists of two sidewalks along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood, Los Angeles. It is the favorite place of many tourists, and you'll often see them taking pictures of this iconic place.
About Hollywood Walk of Fame
The Hollywood Walk of Fame was established in 1960, and from that moment, it houses some of the greatest names of the American entertainment industry. Currently, around 2.700 five-pointed stars are placed with names of the celebrities who deserved their place on the glamorous walkway. Each star contains a tile with a five-pointed pink star within, the celebrity's name engraved in bronze on the inside, and the category for which the award was received inscribed on the bottom.
What to see at the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
You can go and find the stars of your favorite celebrities. In case you are not sure if their name is included in the Hollywood Walk of Fame, you can always check the list of all the people who got the star at the official website of the Hollywood Walk of Fame
. Just in case, we'll make a shortlist of some of the important names in our opinion.
- Snoop Dog
- Christoph Waltz
- Johnny Depp
- Elvis Presley
- Cate Blanchett
- Quentin Tarantino
- Eva Longoria
- Mark Hamill
- Peter Jackson
Tickets and opening hours of Hollywood Walk of Fame
Visiting the Hollywood Walk of Fame is completely free and open for all visitors 24/7.
How to get to the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
The Hollywood Walk of Fame is located on Hollywood Boulevard, and if you ask anyone who lives in LA, they'll know to show you the direction since this is one of the city's most famous landmarks. Still, if you need any method of transport, we'll help you.
- By metro - If you want to get to the Hollywood Walk of Fame, just take the B (Red) subway line.
- By bus - Buses CE422 and DASH will lead you nearest to your destination.
Hollywood Walk of Fame trivia?
If you want to visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame, you surely wish to know more about the tradition, rules and some interesting facts about this place.
- Those who want to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame must meet three main requirements. The first one is to have been working for at least five years in radio, film, television, recording, or live performance. The next one is to have received awards or nominations. And the last one is to be involved in any charity activity.
- There are five symbols for each category that mark fields of celebrity's accomplishment. A movie camera, TV, gramophone, microphone, and masks of tragedy and comedy. They represent contributions made to the film, television, recording, radio industry, and theater.
- The first one to get his star on the Hollywood Hall of Fame was filmmaker Stanley Kramer.
- Even Muhammad Ali got his a star as a live performer. This is also the only star you can't step on since it was installed in the wall of the Dolby Theatre.
- Each year, one of the about 24 stars dedicated is bestowed posthumously—but only if the star in question has been deceased for at least five years.