Tokyo Disneyland - the most important information
This is just the perfect place for all the fans of Disney World. This is a theme park dedicated to the characters made by the famous Walt Disney. The park has been working since 1983, and it was the first one to be opened after the ones in the United States. Tokyo Disneyland is composed of seven themed sections that are available to visitors and the parades that are held occasionally.
About Tokyo Disneyland
This is one of the happiest places you can visit in Japan. It’s dedicated to both kids and adults who love Disney World and its characters. Tokyo Disneyland is located within Tokyo Disney Resort, in the area of 47ha. It is divided into 7 sections: the World Bazaar; the four traditional Disney lands - Adventureland, Westernland, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland; and two mini-lands - Critter Country and Toontown. They are filled with attractions for visitors as well as many activities that revive scenes from the most famous Disney tales. Except for that, you can find many cafes and restaurants as well as shops where you can buy souvenirs.
What to see in Tokyo Disneyland?
Tokyo Disneyland is a huge theme park with numerous attractions and activities for every visitor. You can visit places that represent certain topics in Disney and tale world. Here are just some of them.
- World Bazaar - This is a place full of shops and restaurants. It’s located near the main entrance to Disneyland. It is designed to look like a 20th-century American city.
- Tomorrowland - At Tomorrowland, you will find many attractions dedicated to outer space and a universe where modern technologies are even better developed. Some of the attractions you can visit are Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlasters, and Space Mountain.
- Fantasyland - Here, you will find all the characters from the classical Walt Disney cartoons and tales. From Beauty and the Beast to Dumbo and Peter Pan. You can also take a picture with many of them.
- Westernland - Westernland is dedicated to the US western frontier, as the name says it. You can see cowboys at every corner and enjoy the rollercoaster Big Thunder Mountain activities.
- Adventureland - This area is dedicated to real adventurers. Here you can sail with the Pirates of the Caribbean, explore the Swiss Family Treehouse, ride the Western River Railroad, and join a jungle cruise.
- Disney Hotels - If you want a complete Disney experience, you can stay in one of the Disney Hotels.
Tickets and opening hours
- Opening hours - Tokyo Disneyland is open every day from 9 am to 9 pm. The best days to visit are Tuesday to Friday if you want to avoid crowds.
- Tickets - Regular ticket price is from 7.900 yen to 9.400 yen. For children is from 4.700 yen to 5.600 yen. A better option than purchasing tickets at the gate is to buy them online in advance.
How to get to Tokyo Disneyland?
The Resort is in the city of Urayasu in Chiba prefecture, near Tokyo. Get off at Maihama Station on JR (Japan Railway) Keiyo Line / Musashino Line. Maihama Station is about 15 minutes by train from Tokyo Station.