Interactive Aquarium Cancun - the most important information
In this hands-on aquarium, visitors can touch sea urchins, swim with dolphins, and feed sharks while locked in an underwater cage. This is the only aquarium in the Cancun area and it’s operated by Delphinus Swim with Dolphins. This captivating museum space takes you on an interactive tour where you’ll discover the issues that endanger the survival of dolphins and countless other sea creatures, inspiring you to take action and become a Seaguard here and back home.
What to see in Interactive Aquarium Cancun?
In the Cancun Interactive Aquarium, you will see fascinating exhibits of marine life from the tidal pools to the deep ocean. You will get to see rarities such as seahorses, barracudas, tiger and bull sharks. Children can touch creatures of the sea in this fascinating addition to Cancun. But of course, the most popular attractions for kids and adults alike are the marine mammals - dolphins and sea lions. Here are some of the attractions which you can see here:
- Swim with Dolphins: Primax 4 - It is a 1-hour activity, featuring 45 minutes in the water with the dolphins. That and the exclusive small groups of 4 people or less really set this apart.
- Swim with Dolphins: Dolphin Swim & Ride - It is also a great experience, featuring an exciting ride across the water holding onto the dolphin's dorsal fin.
- Swim with Dolphins: Couples Dream Swim - Created as a romantic option for couples to have a personal dolphin experience together, this is also a great option for you to do with your child, a family member, or a friend.
- Shark Encounter - The Cancun Interactive Aquarium is one of the few places in the world where you can see a Tiger Shark, one of the most dangerous sharks in the sea, as well as Bull Sharks and others.
- Dolphins Show: Every night at 7:00 PM is also a fun dolphin show that is included with your admission.
- Aquarium Trek: Live an incredible experience of swimming with certain species and even feeding them
- Auditorium: Enjoy educational videos and movies and learn more about the marine world.
How to get to Interactive Aquarium Cancun?
Every hotel in Cancun offers you free transportation to the aquarium if you are interested in dolphin swimming activity, so there should be no problem getting here. If you did want to go there on your own though and weren't going to do the dolphin swimming, you can take the Hotel Zone bus for about 60 cents, or take a taxi from your hotel. Hotel Zone buses have stations near every hotel in Cancun. The Aquarium is located in the heart of the hotel zone in the Isla Shopping Center, so it is really easy to fit into a day when you don't have all day to spend.
Opening hours and tickets for Interactive Aquarium
- Opening hours: The aquarium is open from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, 365 Days a Year
- Tickets: Entrance fees are $15.00 per person, but if you book one of the featured dolphins swims, sea lion swims, or shark encounters, you get free entrance, so that is a nice touch. On the other hand, if you are not interested in swimming with dolphins, you can buy your ticket for all the shows and premium access on the Interactive Aquarium Cancun official website.