Planet Earth has so many great and absolutely stunning places to visit and explore. Some of them are breathtaking by its nature and seeing them first hand can be an incredible experience. That is why we discovered several most beautiful islands in the world that are ideal for long, summer vacations and getaways.
Indian Ocean islands
This list will allow you to discover some of the most beautiful places near the enormous Indian Ocean. Precious clear beaches, turquoise waters, stunning islands, all of that and so much more can be found here. It is no wonder why Indian Ocean islands are considered one of the most appealing marine destinations on Earth.
It is located on the southeast coast of Africa. This beautiful island is famous for its third largest coral reef. Corals are colourful and mesmerising. You can dive in deep and see them first hand. That will be a truly unique experience. White sandy beaches, lush tropical forests, warm waters with stunning lagoons, and plenty of national reserves are wonderful parts of this famous island that will make your vacation there unforgettable.
The best way to get to Mauritius
Being an island country, sometimes getting to it might not be that cheap or easy. That is why we advise you to take a flight from India or board a holiday cruise. Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport is where the international flights to this island lend to. It will take you around 12 hours. The average price for one way flights from Lagos to Mauritius is $1374.
Fun things to do in Mauritius
- Visit the Black River National park
- Discover waterfalls
- Visit Tamarind Falls
Accommodation in Mauritius
Some of the best hotels and accommodation can be easily found in this wonderful island. You can even find some great hotel packages and pretty good deals.
- Long Beach Mauritius - best for family and kids. This hotel is very family friendly and it's great for bonding time. The service and food are also excellent and reviews are almost always good
- Ambre Mauritius - best for romantic couples, it is luxurious and ideal for relaxation while in the same time providing the best views
- Solana beach resort - exclusive adults only 4-star hotel, so kids are not really in the picture, but for adults it is amazing. Wonderful spa is a part of this hotels and every guests can use it and enjoy it endlessly.
When it comes to one of the most popular travel destinations ever, Maldives, be sure to check out its capital city Male. Male is a wonderful city where so many great things happen every day. Maldives is a glamorous, exotic, and utterly spectacular island to visit.
The best time to visit Maldives
The best time to visit the Maldives is between November and April. The climate is usually warm and sunny year-round, but also consists of a dry season and a wet, rainy season.
Best places to visit on Maldives
Maldives are one of the most quintessentially beautiful tropical places on the Earth.Because of that it is no wonder that this island is filled with so many great and stunning places to see. We tried to choose some of them.
- Male -
- Utheemu -
- Feydhoo -
Maldives hotels and restaurants
If you decide to visit the gorgeous Maldives, great and comfortable accommodation is something that you must be able to find. An important part of any vacation is finding a place to stay that will be perfect just for you and your loved ones. That is why we have found some of the best hotels on this island.
- THE NAUTILUS, MALDIVES
- HURAWALHI ISLAND RESORT
Ko Phi Phi Lee
Koh Phi Phi Lee is a piece of tropical heaven. Even though it has a strange and funny name, it is easily remembered and this wonderful island has many visitors during the holiday season. It is a true paradise on the Earth, so it is no wonder that this island is definitely one of the most beautiful in the world. This island has become one of Thailand‘s biggest tourist attractions.
Great activities to do on Ko Phi Phi Lee
- Try Snorkeling In Hat Yao.
- Hike to Ao Lo Dalam.
- Take A Boat To The Viking Caves.
- Try Your Hand At Rock Climbing.
Best hotels and suites
- Sabai Sea View Bungalow
- Phi Phi The Beach Resort
South East Asia boasts some of the world’s most stunning beaches.The southern part of Asia is known for its warm climate and very vibrant, rich culture. Some of the landmarks are certainly rice fields and visiting breathtaking temples.Beaches in Asia have turquoise waters and are surrounded with jungle-topped mountains.
Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, an island country lying in the Indian Ocean. Civilization of Sri Lanka is very special and distinctive. Lush tea plantations & waterfalls, tropical beaches, jaw-dropping wildlife, historical monuments & temples can be found in almost every corner of this glorious island.
Best time to visit Sri Lanka
The best time to visit the west and south coasts and hill country is from December to March, while the best weather on the east coast is from April/May to September
Must see locations in Sri Lanka
- Ella – Witness The Countryside Charm
- Nuwara Eliya – Covered With Lush-Greenery
- Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage – See The Giant Beasts
- Polonnaruwa – The Ancient Ruins
Best Sri Lanka accommodation
- Jetwing Vil Uyana
Phuket is among the world’s finest beach destinations. It has something for a wide array of tastes and budgets. Hundreds of hotels to choose from as well. There is something for anyone's taste and pocket. The nature is breathtaking with glorious flora and fauna. This island will make you speechless. Phuket is blessed with more than 30 amazing beaches to choose from.
How to get to Phuket
Most international visitors going to Thailand arrive in Bangkok first.
Frequent flights, trains, and buses go every day from Bangkok to Phuket, especially during high season November to March. Cheapest prices for Phuket flights are in February.You can book the flight ticket to Phuket from $447. Be aware that in January the price tickets are the most expensive.
Where to stay in Phuket
There are our recommended hotels:
- Patong Beach Hotel
- Millennium Resort
- Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort
Europe is full of destinations everyone should see in their lifetime and real hidden gems. Many great islands in Europe have gorgeous crystal clear waters and paradise-like surroundings, as well unique landscapes. Many European islands still have preserved medieval walls and fortresses that are perfect attractions for a lot of visitors.
When you think about this wonderful and very popular island, probably the first thought that comes to your mind is the party reputation. The most popular and stunning place for sunsets, long walks and relaxation in Ibiza is the idyllic beach Cala Comte.Of course once you’re there, you must visit the Capital Eivissa. Eivissa is a perfect place because of little streets, cute local boutiques, nice coffee shops and of course the huge and very busy harbour.
When and how to go to Ibiza
The best time to visit Ibiza is from May to October. By far the most popular month is July, but of course that is when the prices go up.
The best way is to catch direct flights from Madrid, Barcelona, and Valencia. Flights range from 45 minutes-1.5 hours depending on departure city. So you won’t lose a lot of time going there.If you prefer to reach the island via ferry, the two main ports on the mainland include Denia and Valencia, they work all the time and are always available.
Party time in Ibiza
With the sun rising early and setting late, July is the ideal time to really make the most of the daytime vibes on the island.It is also the best time to truly experience the famous and extraordinary parties on this island. Ibiza party can start from the very morning and last during the entire day and night. It is not just incredibly fun and exciting, but an unforgettable experience.
Great hotels and restaurants
- Hotel Garbi Ibiza & Spa
- Hotel Puchet
- Hotel MiM Ibiza Es Vive
One of the Majorcas landmarcs are the lovley lighthouses with endless views. They are the perfect spot to enjoy some unforgettable and mesmerising sunsets. It is located on the largest of the Balearic Islands. Majorca will offer you idyllic landscapes, beautiful surroundings and breathtaking nature.
Fun things to do in Majorca
- Cala Figuera
- Hike down to Calo des Moro
Accommodation in Majorca
- Iberostar Grand Portals Nous-this is a great and beautifully furnished hotel with amazing staff that will always be at your service. Rooms are luxurious and comfortable, the restaurants are also a part of this wonderful hotel and ches work every day to create the best national specialties.
- Gran Meliá De Mar- this place is ideal for honeymoon and couples in love, it is very romantic and the location is excellent. Nature and gardens surrounding it are just one more plus.
- Cap Rocat-this hotel is very special and interesting because once upon a time it was a fortress. The hotel offers wonderful views of the Mediterranean Sea. It is important to know that because of safety reasons and its small capacity Cap Rocat cannot accommodate children younger than 15 years old.
This Greek island is very popular and often visited by many. There is something for anyone's taste and pocket as well. You can find many great places and historical locations on this part of the Greek islands. The rich Greek culture, great and tasty food specialities, traditional Greek hospitality and friendliness will make your visit to Zakynotis island the unforgettable one.
When to visit Zakynthos
Zakynthos is a stunning Greek island and one of the top destinations to go while being in Greece. Summer season is the best to visit the entire Greece, including this beautiful island.
Great things to explore in Zakynthos
- Navagio (Shipwreck Cove)
- Kalamaki Beach
- Blue Caves
- Denise Beach
- Kleopatra Studios
Many may know that Australia has a lot of islands, to be more precise 8,222 islands. Each island is a true peace of paradise on Earth and it has its own unique beauty.The largest of the islands is Whitsunday Island. The climate is always warm, pleasant and perfect for taking a long summer vacation there.
This famous island is located in the south of Australia. It is really not easy to properly describe the beauty of Kangaroo Island, but it is no wonder that Kangaroo Island is one of the world's great nature-based destinations. It is a perfect location for anyone who loves wildlife, adventure and exploring.
The wildlife of Kangaroo island
The Kangaroo island is filled with native animals, epic rock formations and it even has some of the best hotels.There are many things to enjoy while being on this island, especially the fresh air, beautiful food and unique wildlife. It is an amazing experience to be surrounded by wildlife, pounding ocean and strange rock formations. Our recommendation is to go camping there and enjoy spending the nights in beautiful and untouched nature.
Best time to visit Kangaroo island
We are not gonna lie, the cost to visit Kangaroo Island is usually expensive, but still it is worth it. During the winter season the sometimes-exorbitant prices of staying on the island are much more manageable. For those who are visiting KI to see wildlife, we have to say that the winter is the best choice as the kangaroos and koalas are usually born at that time. So if you want to save up some money we advise you to visit this extraordinary island during november or december, plus you will be able to avoid big crowds.
Accommodation in Kangaroo Island
If you are wondering where to stay during your visit, we have found some of the best and most luxurious hotels that will be at your service. Don’t worry, there’s plenty of accommodation to choose from on Kangaroo Island.
- Acacia Apartments - PRICE FROM $215. These apartments are located in the main town of Kangaroo Island.You will find luxury one and two bedroom apartments. Also executive suites and honeymoon suites are always available. The rooms are comfortable, tidy and very spacious. All rooms are fully equipped
- Adagio Bed and Breakfast - PRICE FROM $250. Adagio is an ideal spot for a romantic holiday as well as for a relaxing vacation with family and friends or a base for trips.
- Beachcomber - PRICE FROM $235. This three bedroom modern home has all the comforts and it overlooks the beach. Nature is outstanding.The house is surrounded by native flora and its stunning.
The Whitsundays are made up of 74 islands. All of them are almost equally beautiful and stunning. The Whitsunday islands are a popular tourist destination. Perhaps the iconic Whitehaven Beach is the most popular destination. The beach is incredibly clean, pure and family friendly.
What to see on Whitsunday Island
- Whitehaven Beach
- Flying over Heart Reef
- Turtle Spotting
- Hill Inlet
- Snorkelling The Great Barrier Reef
Hamilton Island is famous for more luxurious and expensive getaways, but if it fits your budget, we highly recommend you to visit it. It is a part of the Whitsunday group. This island is very famous for gorgeous infinity pools, great cocktails and golf buggies. Of course the nature and landscapes are also incredibly beautiful.
How to get to Hamilton Island
It is really not that difficult to visit this popular destination. There are many affordable commercial flights that you can easily book from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. They will lead you directly to Hamilton island. Private charter flights can be organised from anywhere in Australia, although they are a lot more expensive . Contact Hamilton Island Airport for more information. They almost immediately respond.
Luxurious hotels and accommodation
It doesn't really matter if you are planning the holiday with your romantic partner, friends or family, Hamilton island is always a good idea that will allow you to create some wonderful memories and this small list of best hotels will suit you and your group perfectly no matter what type of vacation you guys are planning.
- Beach Club - spectacular beachfront location, and each rooms comes with private terrace or balcony that will allow you to always enjoy sunstest
- Palm Bungalows - this is really something slightly different, but very fun place to stay. These bungalows will make your Hamilton island trip even more exciting and the entire experience will be unforgettable. You will be able to truly see and feel everything great that this island can offer.Thanks to the amazing tropical setting, you’ll feel you’re a million miles away. Each bungalow is fully-equipped and it will bring you complete privacy.
- Whitsunday Apartments - these four stars apartments are perfect for a large group of friends or family.If you decide to book a room there you will get one that is overlooking the Coral Sea or lovely tropical gardens. Either way the view is stunning and luxury is guaranteed.
This was our list of the best destinations surrounded by water. Choose one and spend magical holiday.