Regional Museum Jagodina - the most important information
The Regional Museum of Jagodina is a cultural institution that houses more than ten thousand natural, archaeological, historical, ethnological and artistic objects of great value. In addition, the Museum is engaged in research, presentations and education.
History of the Regional Museum Jagodina
The museum was founded at the Archives in Jagodina, and on September 30, 1954, it became an independent institution that housed collections of antiquities that history teacher Dusan Vukicevic had been collecting for years. Dusan Vukicevic was also the manager of the Regional Museum from April 21, 1955.
The museum did not have its own building, but worked as part of the archives. Then, in 1981, he was placed in the building of the former Sokolski dom, which was built in 1935 on the site where the house of Stevca Mihajlovic, built in 1859, was originally located.
Exhibition of the Reginal Museum Jagodina
The permanent exhibition of the Homeland Museum does not consist of all the exhibits that are owned by the museum, but a smaller part of it. The rest is occasionally presented through exhibitions, special presentations and numerous publications. Within the Museum there are five professional departments:
- Natural - it contains a paleontological, petrological and mineralogical collection;
- Archaeological - you can get acquainted with the collections of the Stone and Metal Ages, as well as the ancient, medieval and numismatic collections;
- Historical - has three sections, economic, social and political, and 15 collections;
- Artistic - it houses departments for painting, sculpture and applied art;
- Ethnological - contains a department of material and spiritual culture, and collections of housing, furniture, economy, folk art, costumes and jewelry.
Working hours of the Regional Museum Jagodina
The Regional Museum is open to visitors every working day from 8 am to 6 pm, on Saturdays from 10 am to 3 pm, and on Sundays only for pre-announced group visits. The price of a ticket for adults is 150 dinars, with a guide 200. For children from 7 to 14, the ticket is 100 dinars, and for children under 7, the entrance is free. The price of a group visit with a guide is 150 dinars.
How to get to the Reginal Museum Jagodina?
The museum is located near the City Administration of Jagodina and you can reach it by public transport, as well as by taxi - we recommend Maxi Taxi 035/242111 and Akt Taxi 0800/035035.