Resavska cave - the most important information
Resavska cave is a river cave located 20 km from Despotovac in the limestone hill Babina Glava and is one of the largest in Serbia. It is a protected monument of nature and a natural asset of national importance.
History of Resavska cave
Shepherds with flocks of sheep used to hide in the cave during the storm. It was discovered in 1962 when one of the shepherds with mountaineers from Svilajnac came across it and after that it was explored. It was originally called the Divljakovac Cave because of the karst field in which it is located, and the works on its arrangement lasted for 10 years, so it was officially opened to visitors on April 22, 1972.
Features of Resavska cave
- The cave in question was created by the erosive work of the former watercourse.
- It is about 80 million years old, and the oldest jewelry in it is 45 million years old.
- It is 4.5 km long, 2830 m has been explored, and about 800 m has been arranged for visitors.
- The temperature in the cave is 7 ° C, and the humidity varies between 80 and 100%.
- It spreads over four levels, and parts of the first two are arranged for visitors.
- In the upper gallery you can visit four halls: Hall of fused pillars or colonnades, Hive Hall, Lobby of History, Crystal Hall.
- In the lower gallery you can visit the halls: Concert Hall or Statue Hall, Boban Hall, Coral Channels, Mud Hall or Kepin Hall.
Opening hours and ticket prices
- The season in Resavska Cave lasts from April 1 to October 31, but organized visits are possible from November 1 to March 31. Working hours in the season are every day from 9 am to 5 pm, and out of season from 8 am to 4 pm.
- The ticket price for adults is 350 dinars, and for students 300.
- You can schedule organized visits at 035/611110 or via email email@example.com.
How to get to Resavska cave?
You can reach the cave via Despotovac because it is 20 km away. You can go by car from Belgrade via the E-75 highway to Markovac, where you can join the regional road to Despotovac and Svilajnac, as well as by bus to Despotovac.
If you are coming from Jagodina, you can take a local bus to Despotovac, from where you can take a taxi to the cave. We recommend Taksi Despotovac 069/3731587 and Taksi Šaran 035/611562