The Dubai Mall - the most important information
Undoubtedly, Dubai is a city with many constructions that carry the epithet of the biggest or highest in the world. And the next attraction is no exception. Sitting right next to the tallest building in the world, Burj Khalifa, there’s the largest shopping mall in the whole world - the Dubai Mall.
About The Dubai Mall
This huge mall, located in the most famous part of Dubai, covers an area of more than 1 million square meters and houses over 1.300 retail stores. It is impossible to imagine how big that is, so saying that Dubai Mall is on an area equivalent to 200 football pitches may help you picture it better. Okay, so what can you see in such a big place? In the first place, there are stores of worldwide famous fashion houses, such as Gucci, Versace, Burberry, and many more others. Besides buying elegant and expensive clothes and footwear, jewelry, and accessories, you can enjoy delicious food in luxurious restaurants that serve different types of food. There are more than 200 places in the mall to eat or have a nice drink, pretty impressive, isn’t it?
What to see in Dubai Mall?
Dubai Mall is heaven on earth for every shopaholic! Indulge yourself in the greatest shopping experience Dubai has to offer. On your tour through the mall, you'll also find plenty of attractions that will satisfy every curious visitor.
- Level Shoes - In this place, you can indulge yourself in shopping for shoes. You can find any footwear all around you, and also the good ones. This place hosts 40 designer stores famous all over the world. From Adidas to Christian Louboutin, you can find your perfect shop and a pair of shoes! But, that’s not all, you can enjoy in a VIP lounge, take your time to have a coffee break, or visit a spa to relax after a long shopping tour.
- Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo - This is one of the most visited attractions in the Mall. Visiting Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, you will get a chance to see over 33.000 animals that live in a 10 million-liter tank put inside the Dubai Mall. Going through a 48-meter long tunnel, you can enjoy a view of more than 140 species of animals living here. And tiger sharks make this place even more amazing. Other experiences you can get here are taking a glass-bottom boat tour, or going swimming with the sharks.
- Ice Rink - If you are a fan of ice-skating, you will be amazed by this rink. It’s an Olympic-size rink where you can skate all day long. This may be one of the top activities if you are visiting Dubai Mall with kids.
- KidZania - Here’s one more place dedicated to kids and their fun! It’s the KidZania, a place where they can experience life as adults. They will be able to wander the streets of KidZania, find a job, take a mask and enjoy their new, imaginary life. Of course, after a hard-working day, they can take a break in a cafe, spa, or restaurant, all designed just for kids!
- Dubai Fountain - Not quite in the mall, but just in front of it is located one of the largest fountains in the world. It is illuminated with 6.600 lights and 50 color projectors, so we’re pretty sure you won’t miss it. Water shooting more than 150 meters in the air and contemporary Arabic music make this fountain one of the main attractions in Dubai.
Tickets and opening hours
- Opening hours - This mall has amazing opening hours. On Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays the mall is open from 10 am to 12 pm. But on Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays, you can stay here up to 1 am. The biggest crowds are on Friday, so avoid that day. Instead, visiting Dubai Mall in the evening during the weekdays, around 10 am would be perfect.
- Ticket prices - Being a shopping mall, the entrance to Dubai Mall is free. But we assure you, you will spend enough money inside the mall.
How to get to The Dubai Mall?
You won't have any problems finding this shopping mall and reaching it by public transport, or on foot. The best ways to reach it are:
- By metro - If you're taking the Dubai Metro, go to Burj Khalifa station on the Red Line. The Dubai Mall is served by frequent buses from the station. If not taking a bus, you can use the Metro Link Bridge.
- By bus - There are two buses that operate every 15 minutes. Route 27 from the Deira Gold Souk station and route 29 from Ghubaiba bus station.
What should you know before visiting?
Keep in mind that pets are not allowed in the mall and that you should enter with shoulders and knees covered.