The Monument of Resistance and Victory - the most important information
The Monument of Resistance and Victory is located in one of the biggest parks in Kraljevo. It has been situated there since 1959 and reminds all tourists and citizens of Kraljevo of the victory and liberation in the Second World War.
History of The Monument of Resistance and Victory
Work on the monument began in 1946 and its construction took almost 10 years. It is the work of Slovenian sculptor Lojza Dolinar. As part of the celebration that marked the 15th anniversary of the liberation of Kraljevo in the Second World War, on November 29th 1959, the monument was ceremoniously opened.
Significance of The Monument of Resistance and Victory
- This cultural and historical monument is one of the most important landmarks of the city of Kraljevo
- It shows the ups and downs of people in the fight against the fascist regime and today they stand proudly as a reminder of the liberation of Kraljevo and a new beginning after the Second World War.
How to get to The Monument of Resistance and Victory?
From the central square in Kraljevo the Monument of Resistance and Victory can be reached in about 10 minutes on foot, and the same route can be followed for driving. If you come from the outskirts of town, affordable taxi services are always available.
- On foot: from the center, follow Oktobarskih zrtava Street to the right turn into Dimitrija Tucovica Street, from where the park and the monument are close
- Taxi stations: Bond taxi - 036 317911; As taxi 036 323323; Tref Taxi KV 036 323232; Mega Taxi KV 036 303303