Nature Center - basic information
The nature center is located in Svilajnac, 35 kilometers away from Zdrela. It is a very specific type of museum space, which also includes a dinosaur park, so it is a combination of several different types of tourism and science.
History of the Nature Center
The center was opened for visitors in 2015 and it represents a unique museum unit in the Balkans, because it combines science and education with entertainment and tourism. This is because the museum also includes a dinosaur park, as well as a model of a volcano, so visitors can be educated but also have fun with dinosaur replicas.
Nature Center setting
Within the museum there are 9 thematic exhibitions that make up a permanent exhibition. Among them is a model of a 10 meter high volcano, which can be entered and learn more about the origin and activity of the volcano. The exhibition is divided into units within which you can see what prehistoric man looked like, what dinosaurs and mammoths looked like, but also a large number of minerals and stones of great geological importance:
- The world of dinosaurs
- Animals of Africa
- The world of minerals and rocks
- Geological time machine
- Biodiversity of Serbia
- Mammoth Kika
- Geodiversity of Serbia
- Heavenly stones
Within the Dino Park, there are 20 replicas of different types of dinosaurs, the largest of which is 10 meters high and 20 meters long. In front of each model there is a nabla with the name and explanations, so visitors can get acquainted with these extinct animals. Some of the dinosaurs on display are Tyrannosaurus, Plesiosaurus, Alosaurus, Triceratops and others.
Opening hours and ticket prices
- In the period March-June and September-December, the working hours of the center are 10 am - 6 pm every day. While in July and August, the center is open on weekdays from 10 am to 7 pm and on weekends from 10 am to 8 pm.
- The price of tickets for adults is 500 dinars, for children from 3 to 15 years is 350, and children younger than 3 years have free entrance. Tickets purchased for the center are also valid for entry to the city swimming pools in Svilajnac that day. The last entrance to the museum is an hour before closing.
How to get to the Nature Center?
The center is located at Kralja Petra Prvog 111 in Svilajnac. It is exactly 110 kilometers away from Belgrade, while the distance from Zdrelo is about 35 kilometers.
- By car: from Belgrade in less than an hour and a half, by road through Kaludjerica, Vrcin, Mali Pozarevac, then via Velika Plana and Markovac. From Zdrela you can get through Laole, Tabanovac, Dubnica, Bobovo and Lukovica, in about 45 minutes.
- By taxi: from Svilajnac Taxi Svilajnac 061 2626126; Taxi Bobi 061 3103929