Palić Zoo - the most important information
Welcome to Palić Zoo, one of the 4 zoos in our country! This zoo is located near Subotica, near Lake Palić, and if you stay with us, you will learn more about its characteristics, as well as the fastest way you can reach it.
Characteristics of the Palić Zoo
Palić Zoo was founded back in 1950 as a significant cultural institution. Its first inhabitants were: a bear, a monkey and a parrot. The area of the Palić Zoo is 15 hectares, of which 10 hectares are accessible to visitors. At this place you will be able to see as many as 100 animal species, among which are: African buffalo, alpaca, Bengal tiger, red kangaroo, hyena, seal, one-humped camel, lion and others.
In addition, within the ZOO there is a Botanical Garden, which is a collection of many protected species and atypical deciduous and coniferous trees. Since the middle of the eighties of the 20th century, the Palić Zoo has been functioning as a pedagogical institution, since this place is visited in an organized manner by students from 20 primary schools in Subotica. Then, educational ambient classrooms, lectures, as well as various seminars are organized. The Palić Zoo has received the status of a shelter for animals that are under the control of trade in rare and endangered species and exhausted, wounded or confiscated animals, which are in the possession of the state (but return to nature after revitalization). This shelter was established in 2004 and since then about 3700 individuals have been taken care of.
How to get to the zoo?
- If you start by car from Belgrade, you can reach this place in less than 2 hours (by highway A1 / E75).
- From Novi Sad to the Palić Zoo, you will travel for an hour and 10 minutes (via A1).
- From the center of Subotica you can reach the zoo in just ten minutes (via Szeged Road). We have selected for you the most famous taxi services in Subotica: Yellow Taxi 024/9789, Hallo Taxi 024/9766 or Grand Taxi 024/562 476.
Opening hours and ticket prices
- Palić Zoo is open to visitors every day of the year (from 9 am to 4 pm).
- The price of an individual ticket for adults is 300 dinars, while the ticket price for pensioners is 200 dinars.
- Children under 7 stay for free.