Waterfall in Gostilje - the most important information
The waterfall on the river Gostilje, 25 km from the center of Zlatibor, is a real sensation both because of its beauty and because of its well-used tourist potential. This waterfall has an unusually large number of offers that you can find near it, so it is popular as an attraction among the elderly, young people, and children.
The origin of Gostilje waterfall
Waterfall in Gostilje is one of the highest in Serbia. It is 22 m high and is formed on a limestone rock near the place where the river Gostiljska Reka flows into Katusnica. On the way to this confluence, the water creates several cascades and smaller waterfalls that refresh the environment.
The most beautiful places near Gostilje waterfall
The waterfall in Gostilje boasts of its size and sensational appearance. In addition, it can be said that the surroundings of the waterfall are maximally adapted to tourists, with wonderful resorts, picnic areas, and catering facilities. Places for a break near the waterfall are:
- Restaurant Golijska Vrela - ethno restaurant known for fish specialties, especially trout dishes.
- Children's playground and mini zoo - where your kids will be able to spend the whole day playing.
- Pool - a unique swimming pool that is being filled with healing spring water.
- Soccer field - a space for active spending time in a refreshing environment.
The area around the waterfall in Gostilje is beautifully landscaped, and the space is regularly maintained, so you will find plenty of places to rest here. There are hiking trails around the waterfall that will enable you to visit the surroundings, so don't miss to cool off by the river and take photos of untouched nature.
- In winter: 9: 00h - 16: 30h
- In summer: 9: 00h - 20: 00h
- Price for adults: 200 dinars
- Price for children from 6 to 14 years: 100 dinars
- Price for children under 6: free entrance
How to get to the waterfall
This waterfall is located on the outskirts of Gostilje and you can reach it:
- By car: on the main road leading from Uzice and passing through Gostilje, there is a turning for the waterfall. At this turning, you will first see the restaurant Golijska Vrela and the swimming pool, and at the very end of the road, there is the waterfall Gostilje.