Ada Ciganlija - the most important information
One of Belgrade's most famous picnic spots is Ada Ciganlija, a place that will delight you with its natural resources and beauty. Ada used to be an actual island, but today it is a peninsula that attracts many tourists, especially during the summer months.
History of Ada Ciganlija
Ada was created in the immediate vicinity of the confluence of the Sava and the Danube. Vegetation has always been lush and rich in this region, dotted with glades and meadows. The potential of Ada Ciganlija was focused on tourism, and today it is the largest swimming and picnic area in Belgrade. Back in the times of Karađorđe and Miloš Obrenović, Ada was characterized as a natural resource, which led to it being declared a state asset in 1821.
Activities on Ada Ciganlija
You don't have to leave Belgrade to organize a trip by water. An excellent destination for family outings, and a paradise for swimmers and adrenaline junkies, Ada is a place you'll often visit during the hot summer days. In addition to sunbathing and swimming, the activities that await you at Ada Ciganlija are:
- Water sports: Ada is suitable for diving, so visiting it is a great opportunity to try this sport. Pedal boats, water skiing, rowing, paddle boarding, and kayaking are also available.
- Sports fields: All over Ada, you will find fields for sand and grass volleyball, baseball, basketball, football, rugby, and tennis. You can rent the courts, just bring some company. In addition to the fenced fields, the greenery of Ada is suitable for all these sports, and you can also try some of them in the water.
- Paintball: A paintball field designed for up to 70 people is available on Ada. In addition to individual appointments, you can come with colleagues for team building or rent it for a birthday party.
- Sports climbing: On the left bank of Ada, a 15-meter high artificial rock suitable for sport climbing has been placed.
- Tourist train ride: Experience both banks of Ada through this ride. You will go through 18 stations. This train runs during the summer season from 10:00 to 19:30. It is also possible to rent it by the hour.
- Bungee Jumping: Are you ready to face a 55-meter jump? Bungee jumping on Ada gives you precisely that.
- Adventure Park: Test your dexterity on the polygons in Adventure Park. The polygons are suitable for all ages, they contain various platforms, beams, and hanging ladders, and when you finish them, games to test your memory, strength, and orientation are waiting for you on the ground.
- Cycling and roller skating tracks
How to get to Ada Ciganlija?
Ada Ciganlija is located in the municipality of Čukarica, a little less than 7 km from the city center. It is located between the settlements of Banovo and Julino brdo and Čukarička padina. Ada Mall is located in the immediate vicinity as well. Many city transport lines run to this location, and you can also rely on taxi stations.
- By bus - you can reach Ada directly by public transport lines: 23, 37, 52, 53, 56, 55, 57, 85, 89, 89, 92 553. The closest stations to Ada are Ada Ciganlija and Čukarica.
- By car - The streets leading to Ada Ciganlija are Radnička and Obrenovački roads, which you can join from the direction of Žarkovo or the city center. There is a large parking lot at Ada, but if you don't find a place there, chances are there will be one at the Ada Mall parking lot. You can rent a bicycle at the parking lot of Ada Ciganlije; you only need an ID card.